- What is LockCon?
- LockCon is an international conference about ... locks. Although we are modest people (ahum), LockCon is hosting some pretty innovative and unique presentations. (And we would like to hear from you if you have an interesting lecture you want to give). Besides these high quality presentations, there will be championships in lockpicking, impressioning and possibly (if time allows) safe combo-lock manipulation. One important issue about LockCon is that it is a place where creative energy flows and you can make friends for life (and an occasional enemy). It is the place where top lockpickers meet one another, and contacts are made between lockpickers and the lock industry. In other words: it is a unique event. To give you an idea read here about previous events.
- When will LockCon be held in 2016?
- LockCon 2016 will be held September 30 - October 2, 2016. This is the weekend following the Security Fair in Essen (which takes place 27~30 September 2016).
- Where will LockCon be held?
- LockCon 2016 will be held in Hotel Overbosch Garderen.
- How do I get there?
If you fly you will probably fly to Amsterdam Schiphol Airport. You basically have three options. First is renting a car and driving there yourself. Driving time is one hour if there is no traffic jam. Expect traffic jams during working days. The second option is to take a taxi. This will cost around € 120 one way (but is cheaper when sharing a taxi). See [] for more information and a booking form. The third options is using public transport. Public transport works very well in the Netherlands. To get to the hotel, you will need to take a train and a bus or several busses. This will take somewhat less than an hour and it requires almost no walking. It will cost around €20 one way. You can find more information about trains at []. [Google Maps] will show you what public transport options are available. You can also use []
- Who will attend LockCon?
- A lot of interesting people. There will be lockpickers, safe technicians, locksmiths, 24-hour opening services, lock manufacturers, lock tool manufacturers, hackers, members of the law enforcement community, spies and an occasional beautiful girl. LockCon is the most international conference on locks. We have people attending from Germany, USA, UK, Spain, Israel, France, The Netherlands ... and the list is growing.
- How Much is the entrance fee for LockCon?
- As in previous years, we have been able to keep LockCon pretty cheap, considering what you get. Entry to the full event costs €165. This price includes two dinners, three breakfasts, three lunches and three overnight stays in the hotel in rooms that will fit 6~12 people. Smaller rooms are available for a surcharge. For an additional fee, an extra night before and/or after could be booked. There are no day tickets.
- Wow, where do I sign in?
- Not so fast. LockCon is an 'invitation only' party for the locksport community. It is open for members of SSDeV, Toool.US, and Toool.nl, but we reserve the right to deny people even if they are member of these organisations. If you are a member of another well respected locksport organisation there is a good chance you are welcome as well. If you are none of the above, you will need to find someone to introduce you and hope there is place left. We have set the maximum number of attendees to one hundred.
- For this event we have reserved ten to fifteen seats for people we never met before, and there are still some seats left. If you think you have something to contribute, or just are a very enthusiastic lockpicker who does not have the right connections yet, please mail us anyway. We are open to interesting people and might be able to work something out. Just give it a try, you might get lucky :)
- Can I has T-shirt?
- Even if you can't attend, you can still order a T-shirt yourself! Visit [link 1] for a regular shirt, [link 2] for a female version, [link 3] for a kids version or [link 4] for a hoodie. These are provided on a non-profit basis.
- I want to know the program before signing up, what is it?
- Although LockCon should be something you really want to be at, independent of the program, the (preliminary!) program can be downloaded from here: lockcon2016.ics.
- Where do I get practical information?
- This information has not been published yet.
Mail firstname.lastname@example.org to register or for more information.